Thursday, December 20, 2012

Special Message from Superintendent, Dr. Weiss


This is Dr. Roseli Weiss, Superintendent of the Middleborough Public Schools.  There are many rumors circulating throughout the schools and parent community regarding the school day tomorrow.  I am aware of these rumors as are the Middleborough Police.  We continue to work together to keep the children and staff of our school district safe.  The truth is not on facebook or through your neighbor.

I am communicating the facts.  The rumors are unsubstantiated.  However, we are on alert.  As I have stated throughout the week, there will be an increased presence of police cars at the schools on Friday as there have been all week.

I am asking for your support.  I need you to help me keep everyone safe and calm by not feeding into rumors that are unsubstantiated and escalate concern.  We have been working diligently to keep doors locked and closed, to be more aware of people coming into the schools.  We have been walking throughout the schools to identify ways to strengthen our security. 

We plan to discuss safety and security during the January 10th School Committee meeting and plan to offer a parent and community evening focused on school safety in the near future.

Thank you for your support and I wish you all a happy holiday season.  May 2013 be a year of health, happiness and community caring.