Friday, January 9, 2015

#APrincipalsDay, January 7, 2015


Storify of #APrincipalsDay

On Wednesday, January 7, 2015, EducationWeek asked principals across the country to take pictures and Tweet (through Twitter) their pictures of their day with the hashtag #APrincipalsDay.

As the day went on, I tried to tweet out many of the happenings that occurred for me.

It was a fun day; nothing too out of the normal.  I started at around 6:30 AM, coming in the dark cold and I left around 8:30 PM, leaving in the dark cold.

I am not telling you this to feel bad for me.  I am telling you because the tweets make a nice little story that I used this online software, Storify, to create a little slideshow of.

Being a principal isn't the easiest job in the world, and it most certainly is not the hardest.  I only went outside that day for a few minutest to grab my dinner; many people were outside working in those frigid temperatures.  So again, I am not posting this to have you feel sorry for me; I am just wanting to give you a glimpse of the life of a principal for one day, #APrincipalsDay.

I hope you enjoy it.