Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Mr. Geoghegan's Experience at the #NASSP Conference 2016




Mr. Geoghegan's Experience at the National Principals' Conference

Last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I was able to go, participate, and engage in a phenomenal conference at the NASSP Ignite 2016 Conference (National Association of Secondary School Principals).

The conference was sub-headed to:  

Connect. Innovate. Thrive.

Ignite ’16 is the only professional development event devoted exclusively to the unique needs of middle level and high school administrators.
In just three days, you will make valuable connections, learn proven leadership techniques, and take home practical solutions to carry you and your school to success.
You are leading learning for students every day. At Ignite ’16, step out of your office and get the insight you need to:
  • Close the achievement gap
  • Build teacher and leadership capacity
  • Enhance stakeholder engagement

I feel that I did my best to "Connect, Innovate, and Thrive" as I was there.  

I love going to conferences and professional development, but it is what I am able to do with my learning once I'm home that is most important.  So many great ideas and speakers, I know I can continue to add to all the awesome things we have already begun.  #MakingNMSGreat is what we are all doing together.  

I try to Tweet out my experience at the conference.  Below is my Storify of those Tweets.

I hope you can see what my and our school vision is for the Nichols as well as what we are attempting to do with all of the initiatives we have started, proceeded with, and hope to continue.  They are all interrelated to try to help us "connect" our students, "innovate" our own practices, and help our students "thrive" to be more successful learners in their lives.

I hope you enjoy.

Thanks,
M. R. Geoghegan